Laboratory for Human and Experimental Neurophysiology
Department of Neuroscience, School of Medicine, University of Split, Croatia
• PhD, Doctor of Science Area: Biomedicine and Health, Field: Fundamental Medical Sciences, Branch: Neuroscience School of Medicine, University of Split, Croatia
• MSc, Master of Science in Neural & Behavioural Sciences Branch: Neuroscience Graduate School of Neural & Behavioural Sciences, International Max Planck Research School, Eberhard – Karls Universität Tübingen, Germany
• MSLP, Master of Speech and Language Pathology, Faculty of Special Education and Rehabilitation Sciences, Department of Speech and Language Pathology, University of Zagreb, Croatia
• Preoperative and intraoperative neurophysiologic mapping and monitoring of eloquent brain cortices (motor, sensory, speech, language) (nTMS, TES, DCS)
• Neurophysiologic mechanisms of speech and language
• Neurophysiology of speech and language disorders
• Neurophysiology of motor disorders
• Motor disorders (Parkinson's disease, cerebral paresis)
• Research Associate, School of Medicine, University of Split, Department of Neuroscience
Recent or Representative Publications:
(*authors equally contributed)
• Cvetković M, Poljak D, Rogić Vidaković M, Đogaš Z. Transcranial magnetic stimulation induced fields in different brain models. Journal of electromagnetic waves and applications 2016; 30(14): 1820-1835.
• Rogić Vidaković M, Jerković A, Jurić T, Vujović I, Šoda J, Erceg N, Bubić A, Zmajević Schönwald M, Lioumis P, Gabelica D, Đogaš Z. Neurophysiologic markers of primary motor cortex for laryngeal muscles and premotor cortex in caudal opercular part of inferior frontal gyrus investigated in motor speech disorder: a navigated transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) study. Cognitive Processing 2016 [Epub ahead of print]
• Espadaler JM, Conesa G, Quijada C, Villalba G, León A, Rögic M, Peña J, Manero RM, Rognoni T, Principe A, Manzano Lopez D, Rubino PA, Arévalo RP, Gabarrós A, Fernandez-Conejero I, Pujol J, Deletis V. Mapeo del lenguaje utilizando estimulación magnética transcraneal repetitiva por navegación: un estudio comparativo con la estimulación cortical directa intraoperatoria. Revista Argentina de Neurocirugía 2015; 29(2); 65-75.
• Rogić Vidaković M*, Gabelica D*, Vujović I, Šoda J , Batarelo N, Džimbeg A , Zmajević Schönwald M, Rotim K, Đogaš Z. A novel approach for monitoring writing interferences during navigated transcranial magnetic stimulation mappings of writing related cortical areas. Journal of Neuroscience Methods 2015; 255: 139-150.
• Rogić Vidaković M*, Zmajević Schönwald M *, Rotim K, Jurić T, Vulević Z, Tafra R, Banožić A, Hamata Ž, Đogaš Z. Excitability of contralateral and ipsilateral projections of corticobulbar pathways recorded as corticobulbar motor evoked potentials of the cricothyroid muscles. Clinical Neurophysiology 2014; 126: 1570-1577.
• Deletis V*, Rogic M*, Fernandez-Conejero I, Gabarrós A, Jerončić A. Neurophysiologic markers in laryngeal muscles indicate functional anatomy of laryngeal primary motor cortex and premotor cortex in the caudal opercular part of inferior frontal gyrus. Clinical Neurophysiology 2014; 125(9):1912-22.
• Rogić M, Deletis V, Fernandez Conejero I. Inducing transient language disruptions by mapping of Broca's area with modified patterned rTMS protocol.Journal of Neurosurgery 2014;120(5):1033-41.
• Rogić M, Jerončić A, Bošnjak M, Sedlar A, Hren D, Deletis V. A visual object naming task standardized for the Croatian language: a tool for research and clinical practice. Behavior Research Methods 2013; 45(4):1144-58.
• Espadaler J*, Rogić M*, Deletis V*, Leon A*, Quijada C, Conesa G. Representation of cricothyroid muscles at the primary motor cortex (M1) in healthy subjects, mapped by navigated transcranial magnetic stimulation (nTMS). Clinical Neurophysiology 2012;123:2205-2211
• Deletis V, Fernández-Conejero I, Ulkatan S, Rogić M, Lladó Carbó E, Hiltzik D. Methodology for intraoperative recording of the corticobulbar motor evoked potentials from cricothyroid muscles. Clinical Neurophysiology 2011; 122:1883-9
• Guthoff M, Stingl KT, Tschritter O, Rogic M, Heni M, Stingl K, Hallschmid M, Häring H-U, Fritsche A, Preissl H, Hennige AM. The Insulin-Mediated Modulation of Visually Evoked Magnetic Fields Is Reduced in Obese Subjects. PLoS One 2011; 6(5):e19482.
• Stingl KT*; Rogić* M, Stingl K, Canova C, Tschritter O, Braun C, Fritsche A, Preissl H. The temporal sequence of magnetic brain activity for food categorization and memorization — an exploratory study. Neuroimage 2010; 52:1584-1591.
• Poljak D, Cvetković M; Dorić V, Zulim I, Đogaš Z,Rogić Vidaković M, Haueisen J, Drissi, Khalil El Khamlichi. Integral Equotion Models in Some Biomedical Applications of Electromagnetic Fields: Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), Nerve fiber stimulation. Computer and Energy Science (SpliTech), International Multidisciplinary Conference on. 13-15 July 2016, University of Split, FESB (DOI: 10.1109/SpliTech.2016.7555936)
• Zmajevic Schonwald M, Rotim K, Rogic Vidakovic M, Mladic Batinica I, Sajko T, Skoro I, Salkicevic S, Hamata Z. Comparison of Awake Brain Surgery and Classical Neurosurgery Using Brain Mapping and Postoperative Results in Two Patients with Frontal Lobe Tumors. J Neurol Surg A Cent Eur Neurosurg 2015; 76 - A122
• Zmajevic Schonwald M, Rotim K, Rogic Vidakovic M, Mladic Batinica I, Hamata Z. Positive intraoperative changes of muscle motor evoked potentials in patients with intramedullar cervicospinal tumors. J Neurol Surg A Cent Eur Neurosurg 2015; 76 - A097
• Rogić Vidaković M, Zmajević Schönwald M, Jurić T, Erceg N, Bubić A, Vulević Z, Bonković M, Bošnjak M, Medaković P, Krželj L, Težački N, Đogaš Z. Evaluation of corticobulbar and corticospinal excitability in developmental stuttering: the navigated transcranial magnetic stimulation study. Brain Stimulation. Volume 8, Issue 2, March-April 2015, Pages 317-318
• Zmajević Schönwald M, Rogić Vidaković M. Contralateral and ipsilateral corticobulbar pathway projections for laryngeal muscles in healthy subjects and patients. Brain Stimulation. Volume 8, Issue 2, March–April 2015, Pages 320
• Rogić M, A. Jerončić. Neurophysiologic markers of motor speech related cortical areas.
Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 193 ( 2015 ) 228 – 233. (10th Oxford Dysfluency Conference, ODC 2014, 17 - 20 July, 2014, Oxford, United Kingdom)
• Jurić T, Bonković M, Rogić M. Application of EEMD-ICA algorithm to EMG signals laryngeal muscles. 21st International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks - (SoftCOM 2013), p.1-4, (18-20.09.2013, Primošten, Croatia). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers – Sep 18. 2013.
• Deletis V, Rogić M. Neurophysiologic basis of consciousness. Role of the reticular activating systems. Acta Clin Croat. Vol. 51, (Suppl) No. 2, 2012 (52nd International Neuropsychiatric Pula Congress, 20-23-06.2012)
• Chudy D, Deletis V, Rogic M, Paradzik V, Grahovac G. Deep brain stimulation for the early treatment of the minimal consciousness state and vegetative state. Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 2012; 90 (suppl 1): 1-202 (XXth Congress of the European Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, Cascais/Lisbon, Portugal, September 26–29, 2012)
• Jorba AL, Deletis V, Espadaler JM, Rogic M, Quijada C, Conesa G. Representation of cricothyroid muscles at the primary motor cortex (M1) in healthy subjects, using navigated transcranial magnetic stimulation. Clinical Neurophysiology 2011. Volume 122, Supplement 1, Pages i-viii, S1-S214 Abstracts of the 14 European Congress of Clinical Neurophysiology and the 4 International Conference on Transcranial Magnetic and Direct Current Stimulation. Rome, Italy 21–25 June 2011
• Chudy D, Deletis V, Grahovac, G, Almahariq F, Rogić M, Tudor K. Deep brain stimulation for early treatment of the minimal consciousness state: case report. A case report. Acta Clin Croat, Vol.50, (Suppl) No 1, 2011, p 73 (6 th Congress of the Croatian Neurosurgical Society and the Joint Meeting with the Slovenian Neurosurgical Society (Opatija, Croatia 25-28.05.2011)
• Deletis V, Rogić M, Fernandez Conejero I. Neurophysiologic markers of motor speech related cortical areas. Acta Clin Croat, Vol.50, (Suppl) No 1, 2011, p 67 (6 th Congress of the Croatian Neurosurgical Society and the Joint Meeting with the Slovenian Neurosurgical Society (Opatija, Croatia 25-28.05.2011)
• Stingl K, Rogic M, Porubska K, Canova C, Tschritter O, Fritsche A, Braun C, Birbaumer N, Häring HU, Preissl H. Brain activity in response to pictures of food – a MEG study. Psychophysiology, 2009:Vol 46, Issue Supplement s1, Pages s1-s173 (p 148) (Society for Psychophysiological Research Abstracts for the Forty-Ninth Annual Meeting Berliner Congress Center, Berlin, Germany October 21-24, 2009)
• Stingl K, M Rogic, K Porubska, C Canova, O Tschritter, A Fritsche, C Braun, N Birbaumer, HU Häring and H Preissl . The brain activity for food picture in working memory task. NeuroImage, Vol 47, Supplement 1, Page S144 (Organization for Human Brain Mapping 2009 Annual Meeting), Pages S1-S286 (July 2009) Organization for Human Brain Mapping 2009 Annual Meeting San Francisco 15 June 2009, Allison Harkness, OHBM
• New Directions in Research:Testing of brain motor speech cortical areas (BMSCA) by novel methodology of navigated transcranial magnetic stimulation (nTMS), using patterned burst of stimuli. Basic Science and Stuttering: Research for Clinicians, Second Stuttering Symposium at Cavtat, Croatia (2013)
• Preoperative neurophysiologic evaluation and speech mapping for awake craniotomy – Satellitensymposium 14. März 2013, 7. Leipziger Praxiskurses Neuromonitoring, FB Neuroanästhesie & Intraoperatives Neuromonitoring klink für Anästhesiologie, Intensiv- und Schmerztherapie Klinikum St. Georg gGmbH Leipzig, Germany (2013)
• Neurophysiology of TMS Inducing Speech Arrest and It’s Mechanisms, First Annual – Intraoperative Neurophysiologic monitoring, Intraoperative Neurophysiologic Monitoring. First Joint CrossAtlantic Educational Symposium, Groningen, Holland, The Netherlands, (2010)
• Identification of neurophysiologic markers generated by stimulation of motor speech related cortical areas, 21st Annual Meeting, American Society of Neurophysiologic Monitoring Nashville, TN, USA (title of the talk Broca’s Area and Language - New Monitoring Method ), (2010)
• 2015 - 1st award to Maja Rogić Vidaković – Best Poster Award 2015 at the 7th International symposium on Navigated Brain Stimulation in Neurosurgery & Neuromodulation, Berlin, Germany (Poster title: A novel approach for monitoring writing during navigated transcranial magnetic stimulation mappings of writing related cortical areas, Authors: Rogić Vidaković M, Gabelica D, Šoda J, Vujović I, Zmajević Schönwald M, Rotim K, Đogaš Z)
• 2012 - 1st award to Maja Rogić – Best Poster Award 2012 at the 4th International symposium on Navigated Brain Stimulation in Neurosurgery, Berlin, Germany (Poster title: Neurophysiologic markers of M1 for laryngeal muscles and opercular part of Broca’s area elicited by magnetic and electrical stimulation, Authors: Rogić M, Fernandez-Conejero I, Jerončić A)
• 2011 - 1st award to Maja Rogić Vidaković - Symposium of young scientists, School of Medicine Split, Croatia
• 2006-2008 - Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD), Germany
• 2006-2007 - Publishing house ALFA, Croatia
• 2006 - Postgraduate scholarships for the MSc programme in foreign country, Republic of Croatia, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports
• 2002-2005 - Undergraduate scholarship, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports, Croatia
• 2004 and 2005 - Among 100 best students finalists in contest "Top scholarship for top students" according to Croatian weekly newspaper
• 2004/2005 - Rector's award for best student paper awarded by the University of Zagreb, Croatia
• 2003/2004 - Dean’s award Special recognition as the best senior, awarded by the Faculty of Special Education and Rehabilitation Sciences, Department of Speech and Language Pathology, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Phone: (+385) 21 557 876